According to ISO 9001:2008 sterilization standards
, we follow all the disinfection and sterilization procedures needed for Infection Control
. Rigorous sterilization practices are at the very heart of any world class dental practice. At Dr. Grover’s Dental Clinic Orthodontic & Implant Centre
, disposable products are utilized wherever possible, instruments are sterilized in the most advanced autoclaves available anywhere in the world and even the air in the treatment room is sterilized prior to surgery. These measures are done for each and every patient to prevent the transmission of the bacteria & virus of infectious diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis B etc.
Preventing the spread of disease is of the utmost concern for both the dental staff and the patient. You can be assured that, we meet or exceed all standards for infection control as set forth by ADA (American Dental Association) and IDA ( Indian Dental Association). We regularly undergo training to insure that our infection control skills and knowledge is fresh and up to date in India and world to offer the best possible dental tourism experience to our patients.
Some of the Infection Control Methods we utilize are:
5.Masks, Wipes,Paper Drapes
1.Our dentists and dental-team members (dental hygienist and assistant) wash their hands and put on a fresh pair of gloves before starting treatment. New disposable gloves are used whenever we enter the operatory.
2. Face Masks and protective eyewear are worn during dental procedures.
3. All surfaces are either covered with disposable plastic or disinfected prior to each patient's use.
4.All instruments, including hand pieces, are sterilized after each use and sealed.
5. Disposable supplies such as masks, wipes, paper drapes, suction/water tube tips, needles and scalpel blades, are used only once and then disposed off properly. Using disposable items is another way that dentists maintain a clean and sterile office.
The Procedures for Sterilization of Instruments are-
3. Ultrasonic Cleansing Bath
1. Instruments are first scrubbed clean to remove debris with spirit swabs.
2. Then they are immersed in 5% Korsolex sterilizing solution for 45 minutes for standard disinfection.
- Sonic wave technology thoroughly cleanses instruments and removes all debris
- Cleans even the tiniest corners of the smallest of instruments
- Debris-free instruments are then placed in autoclave for sterilization
4. Instruments are then packed in individualized sterile packs and one cycle completed in a steam autoclave. World’s best autoclave and sterilization technology that is used in leading hospitals. Hot air steam for effective and efficient sterilization that kills all bacteria and Powerful vacuum pump removes all air and seals instruments post sterilization. Safety pressure release valve and safety door eliminates any possibility of cross-contamination. High precision monitoring and control ensures reliable, consistent and complete sterilization.
5. Dental Instruments, in sterile packages, are then stored in U.V.Chamber to maintain the sterilization, which are opened in front of the patient.
We, at Dr. Grover’s Dental clinic
follow all the disinfection procedures needed for Infection Control which is a priority.
- Our sterilization equipment is regularly checked to ensure its effectiveness in killing all pathogenic organisms and a new pack of supplies is opened in front of the patient prior to the treatment.
- Surgical scrubs or over-garments are worn (we do not wear scrubs out of the office)
- All hazardous material is clearly labeled
- Bio-hazardous waste material is separately stored and removed from the facility.
Never let uncertainty about safety keep you away from getting dental treatment done in India, or cause anxiety while you're here, because your and our health is too important. We as health professionals are more susceptible to contacting infectious diseases while working on our patients. And therefore we follow stringent measures of sterilization and disinfection for everyone’s safety.